Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation Role in TGPC
In 2003, the weather modification program was transferred from the Texas Department of Agriculture to TDLR. The program administers grants to political subdivisions who sponsor rain-enhancement activities.
The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR) is responsible for determining the qualifications for licensure of all persons drilling water wells and installing or repairing well pumps and equipment.
The Water Well Drillers and Pump Installers Program:
- maintains an advisory committee called the Water Well Drillers Advisory Council
- enforces standards of conduct and well completion through revocation or suspension of licenses and assessment of administrative penalties
- investigates all alleged violations of regulations relating to water well drillers and pump installers
- investigates consumer complaints filed against drillers and pump installers
- inspects water wells to insure compliance with water well construction standards
More information regarding the various groundwater protection programs within this agency can be found in the current version of the TGPC’s Joint Groundwater Monitoring and Contamination Report.