- Home Page
- Groundwater Information
- Water Wells
- Septic Systems
- Groundwater Contamination
- Pollution Prevention
- Water Conservation
- Classroom Resources
- Oil, Gas & Mining
Drinking Water from a Private Well
Private well owners are responsible for the quality of their water, and no regulatory oversight exists to ensure water quality. However, there are numerous governmental and nonprofit resources for private well owners to assist them in maintaining high quality drinking water.
- EPA's Ground Water & Drinking Water Page
- EPA's Publication (PDF) "Drinking Water from Household Wells" (PDF. Help with PDF.)
- TGPC's Water Well webpage contains information on well maintenance, contamination, testing private wells and more.
- The Source Water Collaborative, 25 national organizations united to protect America’s sources of drinking water.